Fees for Customers
In an effort to keep customers informed about what fees that they could encounter for their water and wastewater services, the FGUA has provided some general information that applies to all systems. Please note that the fees listed below are not an exhaustive list and simply reflect the fees that are mostly commonly encountered by customers.
Connection Fee – $25.00
- Fee is charged when setting up a new account for a customer requesting service.
After Hours Fee – $40.00
- Fee is charged for customers requesting same day service after 1:00 pm EST.
Late Fee – $5.00 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is greater.
- Fee is charged when a customer fails to make a payment by the due date.
Reconnection Fee – $125.00
- Fee is charged once a customer has been disconnected due to non-payment and wishes to re-establish service.
After Hours Reconnection Fee – $187.50
- Fee is charged for customers requesting same day reconnection after 1:00 pm EST. This amount includes the $125.00 reconnection charge and a $62.50 after hours fee for same day service.
Premise Visit Fee – $20.00
- Fee is charged in instances where a technician must revisit a premise to resolve an issue not attributed to the FGUA. Examples when this fee may apply include, but are not limited to: meter access issue, leaks found during service activation, or excessive re-read requests during a 12 month period.